Installing miniDLNA on Ubuntu PowerPC
I don’t think I’ve seen anyone maintaining packages for the excellent MiniDLNA media server for Debian or Ubuntu. The instructions provided here should work for both Intel and PPC builds (maybe others?) of Ubuntu and Debian Linux.
- Run this command to get the pre-req packages needed to build MiniDLNA:
- sudo apt-get install libexif-dev libjpeg62-dev libid3tag0-dev libflac-dev libvorbis-dev libsqlite3-dev libavformat-dev cvs make
- Log in and check out (download) the source code for MiniDLNA from SourceForge:
- cvs -z3 -d:pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/minidlna co -P minidlna
- Change into the directory and build, then install it!
- sudo make install
- That’s it!