- Hilton Tuning P3 Stage 1 Review
- XC60 T6 Dyno Results
- XC60 T6 Powerflex Torque Rod Bushing Insert
- XC60 T6 Torque Rod Replacement
I purchased this Volvo XC60 T6 AWD in August of 2015 to replace my XC90 V8. It is loaded with Technology Package, which includes adaptive cruise control and keyless entry and ignition. The T6 motor provides ample torque and power at low RPM (peak torque starts at 1500RPM) and sips fuel compared to it’s larger V8 brother in the XC90.
Suspension and Chassis Modifications:
- Complete debadging from trunk
- David’s Volvo Labels black V O L V O grill emblem
- 15% ceramic tint on front side windows
Volvo vendors I like:
- Hilton Tuning (Volvo P3 Reflash Tuning)
- HardRace (Control arms and sway bars)
- Jetex (Performance Exhaust Systems)
- David’s Volvo Labels (Stickers and labels)
- VolvoTech (Integration Electronics)
- XemodeX (Electronics Remanufacturing)
- Tasca Online (Good Prices)
- Professional Parts Sweden (Plastic Replacement Parts)
- Voluparts Online
- Volvo Wholesale Parts
- Volvo Parts Webstore (Good Diagrams)
- Swedish Auto Parts
- Pelican Parts
- FCP Groton
- ViVA Performance
- Ream Man (Aisin-Warner Valve Body Specialists)
Volvo forums and websites:
- 20180215 – 112,822 miles – Performed tire rotated at Discount Tire.
- 20180213 – 112,614 miles – Performed alignment from Firestone to correct camber from lowering springs. Replaced low-beam bulbs.
- 20180210 – 112,466 miles – Oil changed with Mobil 1 0w-40 and Wix oil filter, install HardRace rear camber and toe arms, changed cabin air filter, trimmed rear bump stops.
- 20171126 – 108,267 miles – Installed front KYB strut tops, Koni FSD dampers, and H&R Sport Springs.
- 20170909 – 106,044 miles – Cleared transmission adaptives and fluid counters, performed transmission adjustment mode.
- 20170905 – 105,758 miles – New tires 255/55/R18 Continental Cross Contact LX20 installed at Discount Tire
- 20170728 – 103,741 miles – Power steering pump rebuilt by Adco Power Steering, changed accessory belt, replaced A/C hose to address A/C compressor noise. State inspection performed. Services performed by Momentum Volvo Houston.
- 20170710 – 103,094 miles – Changed spark plugs with Bosch OE, noticed power steering fluid loss and noise from pump
- 20170701 – 102,376 miles – Installed 2014 clear LED gear selector assembly
- 20170429 – 100,240 miles – Stage 1 dyno run at DD Performance Research
- 20170417 – 97,777 miles – Hilton Stage 1 tune installed
- 20170411 – 97,478 miles – Oil changed with Mobil 1 0w-40 and Wix oil filter
- 20161030 – 90,634 miles – Drain / refill of transmission fluid with Redline D4, debadged rear of car
- 20161026 – 90,363 miles – Oil changed with Mobil 1 0w-40 and Wix oil filter, installed K&N panel filter
- 20161012 – 89,649 miles – Changed passenger-side lower engine mount
- 20161001 – 88,900 miles – Installed Powerflex torque arm bushing insert, David’s Volvo Labels black Volvo sticker in grille
- 20160917 – 88,269 miles – Replaced battery with Advance Auto AGM battery
- 20160910 – 87,905 miles – Baseline dyno run at DD Performance Research, installed Jetex resontator-back exhaust system
- 20160810 – 86,093 miles – Inspection performed, registration renewed
- 20160617 – 83,034 miles – Oil changed with Mobil 1 0w-40 and Wix oil filter
- 20160421 – 79,640 miles – Check-engine light illuminated – P0193 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input. Sensor replaced.
- 20160228 – 76,300 miles – Oil changed with Mobil 1 0w-40 and Wix oil filter. Flushed transmission fluid with Redline D4. Reset fluid service counter and transmission adaptives. Replaced cabin air filter. Switched to Atlantis wheels and Continental tires from XC90.
- 20151106 – 68,680 miles – Oil changed with Mobil 1 0w-40 and Wix oil filter
- 20151102 – 68,503 miles – Performed chip repair on windshield at Car Spa of Clear Lake.
- 20151003 – 66,150 miles – Replaced spark plugs with NGK ILFR6B, cleaned valvecover, lubricated coil pack o-rings, anti-seized spark plugs and all fasteners. Performed total CAN and total IAM upgrade at Momemtum Volvo of Houston, and programmed spare key.
- 20150928 – 65,480 miles – Replaced upper engine mount with genuine Volvo replacement.
- 20150801 – 65,250 miles – Purchased from Gillman Subaru Southwest.
Did you find any of the information useful? Have I helped you save a bit of money / time / frustration? I've spent a lot of time taking pictures and meticulously documenting everything to post it here. I'd really appreciate it if you could send me some money via Paypal! This helps defray the cost of running this website and also provides me with beer to continue writing these articles. Thanks!