I got my car back from a garage that didn’t specialize in Volvos and since then, the auto-up function on the passenger side door hasn’t worked. The window will roll up, close, then open again. The only way to close the window was to only pull the switch halfway to the non-auto up function and wait for the window to close.
I had thought there was something wrong with the window regulator module so I didn’t think much of it until I came across this post on the Volvo XC forums – this “reset” the PDM (passenger door module) and now the auto-up function works again.
I’ve reprinted the steps to reset the door modules in the hopes that it will help someone else:
- Open the fusebox cover on the driver’s side of the dash facing the door.
- Close the affected window. Make sure car is ON (position II) or running. Locate the fuse for the affected door module (either #5 or #6).
- Open the affected window, and while the window is moving down, remove the fuse for the door module.
- Wait a second and then insert the fuse.
- Close the affected window by holding the switch all the way up (as if you were using the auto-up function) and hold the switch in the auto-up position at least 5 seconds after the window closes.
- Test the auto-down and auto-up function – it should be working now! If it still does not work, you will need to use a scan tool that can scan the passenger or driver’s side door modules.
Did you find any of the information useful? Have I helped you save a bit of money / time / frustration? I've spent a lot of time taking pictures and meticulously documenting everything to post it here. I'd really appreciate it if you could send me some money via Paypal! This helps defray the cost of running this website and also provides me with beer to continue writing these articles. Thanks!