- Volvo Acronyms
- Volvo Flip-Key Repair
- XC90 Automatic Window Problems
- XC90 Coolant Tank Replacement
- XC90 Subframe Bushing Upgrade
- XC90 V8 Oil Cap O-Ring
- XC90 V8 Vacuum Tank Replacement
- XC90 Wiper Blade Information
- XC90 V8 Alternator Replacement
- XC90 V8 Accessory Belt Replacement
The Volvo XC90 V8 is Volvo’s full-size three-row SUV with an available 300hp 4.4L V8. Sadly, this car was involved in an accident in October of 2014 and was declared a total loss by my insurance company.
- Partially debadged
- IPD Door Lock Pin Bezels
- Rear badges Plasi-Dipped satin black
- OEM aluminum running rails
- GROM MOST Aux-In interface
- Fuel injectors cleaned and flowtested by Deatschwerks (323 cc/min)
- PIAA Ion Crystal yellow H1 fog light bulbs
- 255/55/18 Continental CrossContact LX20 EcoPlus oversize tires
- FatMat noise/heat insulation installed on roof
- New ball joints
- AOC/Haldex fluid
- Angle gear fluid
- Rear differential fluid
Volvo parts vendors I like:
- VolvoTech (Integration Electronics)
- XemodeX (Electronics Remanufacturing)
- Tasca Online (Good Prices)
- Professional Parts Sweden (Plastic Replacement Parts)
- Voluparts Online
- Volvo Wholesale Parts
- Volvo Parts Webstore (Good Diagrams)
- Swedish Auto Parts
- Pelican Parts
- FCP Groton
- ViVA Performance
- Ream Man (Aisin-Warner Valve Body Specialists)
Volvo forums and websites:
- 20140512 – 133422 miles – Tires rotated and balanced at Discount Tire
- 20140425 – 132779 miles – Oil changed with German Castrol 0w-30 and Bosch oil filter – cleaned underside of engine and splash guard. Cleaned and re-oiled K&N air filter.
- 20140220 – 126762 miles – Replaced strut top mounts, strut top spring isolators. New Continental LX20 255/55/18 installed. Alignment performed. SRS light cleared with DICE, replaced rear wiper arm, replaced GROM aux-in unit. Repaired headliner and A-pillars. Installed FatMat noise and heat insulation on roof.
- 20140104 – 124860 miles – Oil changed with German Castrol 0w-30 and Bosch oil filter, replaced headlight bulbs
- 20130831 – 121670 miles – Changed cabin air filter
- 20130725 – 118424 miles – Replaced driver’s side sun visor with LKQ part
- 20130529 – 117224 miles – Oil changed with German Castrol 0w-30 and Bosch oil filter, noticed leak at oil cooler
- 20130514 – 116635 miles – Rotated tires at Discount Tire
- 20130413 – 114613 miles – Replaced rear bumper parking lights and headlamp parking lights
- 20130407 – 114111 miles – Rear brakes inspected, rear differential fluid changed with genuine Volvo fluid.
- 20130118 – 108892 miles – New HLC inner tie rods, Üro tie rod ends, Volvo passenger lower engine mount, oil change with German Castrol 0w-30 and Bosch oil filter. Re-alignment at Montrose Tire and Auto
- 20130114 – 108805 miles – Installed new Dorman lower control arms, HLC swaybar endlinks, IPD subframe bushing inserts, IPD door lock pin bezels
- 20130106 – 108598 miles – New Centric C-Tek blank rotors, Powertop Z16 ceramic pads, Anco beam front wiper blades, Trico rear wiper blade. Brakes bled.
- 20121213 – 107570 miles – ATF flushed with Toyota Type IV
- 20121123 – 106572 miles – Interstate Mega-Tron Plus MTP49/H8 battery installed
- 20121105 – 105866 miles – Changed accessory belt, idler pulley, upper engine mount, lower airbox rubber mount.
- 20120827 – 103475 miles – Installed GROM Aux-In interface, power steering flush
- 20120722 – 101636 miles – Tires rotated at Discount Tire
- 20120721 – 101551 miles – Oil changed with German Castrol 0w-30 and Bosch oil filter
- 20120615 – 99494 miles – Windshield fluid check valves changed
- 20120606 – 99000 miles – Windshield fluid check valves failed, ordered new ones
- 20120518 – 98541 miles – Remus exhaust slip-joint removed and flanged
- 20120514 – 97,800 miles – Replaced coolant tank with aftermarket tank
- 20120510 – 97,592 miles – Replaced vacuum tank, found broken nipple on coolant overflow tank. Ordered new coolant overflow tank.
- 20120509 – 97,450 miles – Replaced upper engine mount nut flange (lost in alternator replacement)
- 20120509 – 97,400 miles – Reset PDM (passenger door module) to fix window auto-up function
- 20120423 – 97,200 miles – Found broken nipple on vacuum tank for variable intake system. Ordered new vacuum tank.
- 20120215 – 92,415 miles – Alternator replaced with rebuilt Bosch 180amp unit, oil change with Castrol Syntec 0W-30 and Bosch oil filter
- 20120208 – 92,410 miles – “Power System Urgent Service” message, traced to faulty alternator. New one ordered from BuyAutoParts.com
- 20120130 – 92,400 miles – Intake plenum and manifold gaskets changed, injectors cleaned and balanced by Deatschwerks
- 20111030 – 85120 miles – Noticed A/C compressor noise, groaning under low throttle
Did you find any of the information useful? Have I helped you save a bit of money / time / frustration? I've spent a lot of time taking pictures and meticulously documenting everything to post it here. I'd really appreciate it if you could send me some money via Paypal! This helps defray the cost of running this website and also provides me with beer to continue writing these articles. Thanks!